|Job Ref:||204775189||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£300 - £340/day||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
My client are a public sector organisation based in central Birmingham. They require an experienced Test Manager on a 12 month contract, who will be responsible for the quality of both in-house development as well as third party supplied applications.|
Emphasis will be on introducing automated testing using Selenium.
Reporting to the Head of Application Development and Support, key responsibilities will include:
* Leading a test team, initially consisting of 4 posts comprising of manual testers, across the test phases of the development lifecycle.
* Defining processes and methods used for effective testing, using existing work management and testing tools.
* Regularly reviewing and updating these processes to maximise efficiency and improve best practices, and managing their implementation.
* Introducing and embedding automated functional testing techniques within the testing team.
* Providing authoritative advice and guidance on all aspects of test planning and execution.
* Providing resource plans for the testing effort required for releases, work streams and projects and feeds those plans into wider directorate capacity planning.
* Taking responsibility for the quality assurance of all software deployments to users
* Experience of manual testing, including test script generation and execution.
* Experience of automated testing frameworks and techniques.
* Detailed understanding of the software development lifecycle, particularly with respect to testing effort within it.
* Understanding of impact of testing of differing project delivery techniques, particularly Waterfall and Agile.
An understanding of any of the following techniques would also be beneficial:
* Unit testing
* Integration testing
* Functional testing
* Non-functional testing, including
* Performance testing
* Load testing
* Security/penetration testing
Ideally, candidates should hold, or be working towards, and ISTQB or ISEB testing qualification.
As mentioned, this is a 12 month requirement, with a daily rate on offer of £300.00 - £340.00 per day.
To apply, please send an up to date CV to