|Job Ref:||204774820||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Beckenham||Address:||Post Code:||BR3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Oracle Developer - Beckenham|
About the role
Main aim is to be responsible for designing/analysing code, implementing and maintaining PRISM (new system they implemented) software within agreed standards to facilitate the achievement of defined projects or large system maintenance requirements.
About Capita | Asset Services
Our business, Shareholder solutions, is part of a wider division called Capita Asset Services, which is a division of Capita plc, a FTSE 50 company and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support solutions.
The name for our division, Capita Asset Services, was chosen because it most closely describes what all the different businesses do - we service assets and help our clients manage, protect and grow their businesses.
Shareholder solutions provide share administration services to companies, both large and small.
What you will do:
* Engage with the Business Analysts and System Analysts, to understand, clarify and confirm requirements and low level technical design
* Engage with Product Specialists/Solution Designers to understand, clarify and confirm the design and architecture
* Code, configure, correct, and document applications/ code enhancements which meet defined specifications in accordance with standards and guidelines
* Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules
* Work with existing Data Architect to assist in the design of the Physical Data Model (PDM) (based on the Logical Data Model (LDM))
* To create mappings between PDM and LDM
* Supply Oracle development assistance and guidance where needed, for project and business as usual changes
* Identify applicable system platform, components, and dependencies
* Provide uniform integration into legacy systems
* Ensure interface specifications are included in completed deliverable
* Adhere to CAS disaster recovery procedures
* Ensure that development methodologies and coding standards adhere to security policies set by the CIO Office ; adhere to Solution Design/Development CoE standards
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, including from our Offshore development partner
* Ensure all code in software configuration management tool set and adheres to Software Configuration Management standards and perform unit testing and review output evidence with test
Your experience will include:
* Solid technical expertise and scope of technical changes across multiple systems/platforms
* Proficient in Oracle 11g (Database set-up, installation and configuration, environment creation) and PL/SQL development
* Expert knowledge of SQL Developer and Toad Tools, including query optimization tools like Code Expert and Oracle analyser
* Fluent in the Windows platform and use of command windows, batch files, UNC paths, RDP, ODBC setup etc.
* Solid technical expertise in the relevant applications / technologies that support the LoB
* Requires knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures within Team Foundation Server (TFS)
* Ability to understand both business and technical drivers
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us