|Job Ref:||204773827||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbury||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Position: JD019 Senior Integration Architect|
Reporting to: COO
Salary: £45,000 to £65,000 per annum + benefits
The closing date for applications is close of business: 08 November 2016
Why Work for Us?
See your ideas come to life! Be part of a growing team, where every action you take has an impact. You can make a real difference to our customers and our future.
Symbox is a leading provider of software solutions to the telecoms and media industries. With global implementations we help global telecoms providers deliver efficient processes and a great customer working knowledge whilst ensuring revenues are maximized at minimum risk.
We are looking for independent thinkers who enjoy innovation and want to see the positive impact of their contribution to both our company and our customers. We are a small and dynamic team, experiencing significant growth. We are delivering first-to-market services, as well as well-established software solutions, to leading-edge technology industries. If you are looking for a career where you can truly make a difference to company performance, grow and be part of an innovative team, Symbox is the place for you.
The Senior Integration Architect is responsible for the analysis, design and delivery of integration projects. Integration is a significant area of focus for Symbox and is a key component of the iBPMS development roadmap. An experienced integration architect is required to develop and deliver integration projects both for client solutions and to advance the core product appeal to our expanding global clients. You will work as part of the development team, supporting the delivery teams (Design and Delivery, Professional Services, QA and Support) to assure delivery excellence and sustainable growth for Symbox.
Whilst this is a senior role, it is also a hands on role, allowing the successful candidate to work directly with the delivery teams on the design and delivery of customer solutions, some of which have a global reach. A comprehensive design and a robust framework is required to ensure that these interfaces are highly performant, always available and scalable.
The Senior Integration Expert analyses, integrates, documents, tests troubleshoots, and debugs complex application software, hardware, and networking components. Ensures software, hardware, and interface standards are met. Generates integration and verification plans for integration objectives as well as design level requirements. Conducts systems analysis and integration activities related to the development, maintenance, and/or installation, deployment, and integration of service oriented and networked computer programs to support proprietary application systems or internal business operations.
• Multi-threading programming principles
• Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Asynchronous Messaging (e.g. JMS)
• OSGi concepts
• Jobs scheduling principles
• Continuous Integration (CI)
• Unit and Integration testing
• Basic Networking
• Object Relational Mapping (ORM) and SQL knowledge.
• XA transactions
• Core Java development (J2SE)
• Apache Camel
• Apache ActiveMQ
• JBoss Fuse (or Apache Karaf)
• Quartz Shedulling Framework
• JPA (Hibernate or OpenJPA)
• Ideally MySQL & Oracle experience
• Spring Framework (core and transactions)
• Geronimo Transactions Manager
• JUnit or TestNG
• Network Traces capture and analysis (e.g. tcpdump and WireShark)
• Moderate Linux knowledge (e.g. familiarity with the linux shell)
o E.g. ssh, sftp, vim, usage/ definition of linux services
• Extensive working knowledge in designing and building High Availability applications
• Extensive working knowledge with various web services (SOAP, REST) and related technologies (HTTP, XML, JSON)
• Strong documentation and presentation skills
• Lead integration projects both internal and external
• Develop an integration framework that is robust, performant, scalable and re-useable
• Gather and analyse data to establish system requirements
• Develop work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work
• Risk/Issue identification and mitigation
• Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
• Interface with various departments to achieve project objectives and deadlines
• Provide post-installation and integration support
• Recommend process improvements and/or new procedures
• Interface with customers to help integrate with our software and resolve any integration issues
• Document designs, procedures, manuals, work instructions and other artefacts as required
• Develop and participate in test planning and execution as needed
• Collaborate and coordinate with various parties to diagnose and identify the root cause of problems (HW, SW, Network, configuration)
• Submit problem reports for errors found
• Coordinate daily integration activities with other team members
Personal Attributes & Skills
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to present ideas in a professional, business-positive, and user-friendly manner
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, focused on listening, building rapport, and asking information-gathering questions to analyse architecture and formulate designs based on customer and company needs
• Ability to balance multiple priorities based on business impact and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment; must be organized and flexible
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Software project management and defect management
• Organised approach to time management with good administrative skills
• Willing to work hours required to "get the job done"
• Honest, personable and sociable
• To be based in Newbury, Berkshire with some travel to London
• Some travel required to customer sites and other Symbox offices
• International travel might be required
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter, either by email or by post to:
Unit 24, Kingfisher Court