|Job Ref:||204773197||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
A software developer is required immediately to enable a successful Software Solutions team to continue to support my clients established and growing workload. The job will enable the successful candidate to:|
• Support the Software Solutions team on a variety of existing and future client facing application development opportunities.
• Work within a successful team to continuously improve and refine the skills and capabilities of the team to remain abreast of current software development tools and techniques.
• Deliver agreed commitments to the stated quality, timescales and cost.
• Support the Software Solutions team to achieve their growth ambitions.
• Undertake periodic software development project peer reviews.
• Coach and mentor more junior colleagues.
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills and traits in addition to their technical skills:
• Extensive software development skills in C#/ (url removed) /Asp .NET (4.0/ 4.5 ideal).
• All aspects of Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ (development, design and administration).
• Experience developing and consuming WCF Services.
• At least three years commercial software development experience in a relevant role.
• Effective communication skills, able to work with clients in a professional manner.
• A pro-active attitude that is likely to win the respect of the clients and colleagues.
• Able to work on multiple projects concurrently, balancing short-term priorities whilst delivering agreed longer term commitments.
• Able to work in either a 'Waterfall' or an 'Agile' software development environment with a comprehensive understanding of the whole software lifecycle.
• Organised and conscientious.
• Able to work consistently and to a high quality in accordance with defined Quality, Safety and Environmental processes.
• MVC development.
• Unit testing.
• SharePoint Development
• Microsoft Office VBA Development
• Rail industry awareness or experience.
• Able to support the production of commercial bids, robustly estimate the cost of work and identify relevant technical risks.
• Excellent written and oral communicator. Ability to make clear recommendations on a sound evidence base to a wide range of colleagues and clients.
• Degree educated and / or a range of relevant software qualifications.
Support/training will be given to obtain appropriate professional qualifications, if required.
Celebrating 25 years of successful recruitment within IT, Technical and Engineering disciplines, our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates. We recruit Permanent and Contract Development, Architect, Technical Team Lead, Senior Developer, Principal Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Analyst Programmer, Junior Developer, Junior Software Engineer, C#, .NET, (url removed), (url removed), C++, Java, SQL Server jobs across the East Midlands