|Job Ref:||204772277||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£58000 - £65000/annum Blue Chip Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Job Title: Solution Architect|
Skills: Architecture, TOGAF, MODAF, Software, Infrastructure
Sector: IT Consultancy into the Defence Sector
Salary: Negotiable to £65,000
Solution Architect: You will be responsible for the overall design and approach for a project or consultancy assignment. Defining the approach and capability blocks to deliver an application or service. This may involve mapping client business requirements to capability options and systems/ technical requirements and developing architectural views and documentation to describe and control the development and delivery of the solution. The Solution Architect works as a team member along with the Engagement Manager and Project Manager, leading any Technical Architects and supporting team members to deliver the complete solution for the customer.
A leading business and technology services company with a global workforce. In the UK, they are ranked as a top 5 Defence software and IT services supplier providing defence advisory services, software solutions, systems integration, secure hosting services and training across the Ministry of Defence including frontline operations, security, intelligence, communications, personnel systems, logistics and infrastructure.
* Design and implement the overall technical solution and environment
* Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings with the customer
* Understand, review and document current state of client architecture
* Define functional components and interfaces
* Undertake options assessments for components
* Construct technical specification for functional components
* Establish project tools and procedures
* Coordination of activities with Subject Matter Experts
* Provide governance for the technical work stream for the project
* Act a client friend and knowledgeable expert
* Construct metrics (KPIs) and reporting to understand the progress and efficiency of the project or service
* 5 Years+ of experience in IT
* Experience of the Defence or National Security domain
* Demonstrable solution architecture experience within enterprise environments.
* An understanding of or exposure to formal architectural methodologies (e.g. RCDA, TOGAF, MODAF or Zachman)
* Understanding of requirements management capability and benefit driven design approach.
* A strong understanding of software development lifecycles, waterfall, Scrum, Agile and test driven delivery.
* Knowledge and experience of common stacks for enterprise software: e.g. Middleware, Data Services, SOA, Tiered Web Applications, all within modern deployment environments.
* Experience with databases RDBMS (e.g Oracle & MSSQL...) and NoSQL (e.g MongoDB)
* Experienced in the use of Open Source technologies and components to deliver enterprise class solutions.
* Understanding for infrastructure and network technologies and architectures
* Experience of working in a pre-sales environment supporting sales teams
* Experience in contributing to bid proposals in terms of estimation and documentation
* Formal architectural qualifications such as TOGAF
* Specialist domain knowledge within Defence e.g ISTAR or FireControl
* Experience of the creation of solution architectures across multiple business domains
* An understanding of DevOps processes, automated deployment and cloud architectures.
* Contemporary big data concepts and modern data analytic
As well as opportunities for professional development and growth this position offers
* Profit Participation plan
* Share Purchase Plan
* Competitive Pension Scheme
* Private Health Care for members as a taxable benefit
* 25 days annual leave with the option to buy/sell
Apply now and I will call to discuss your situation, and this role