|Job Ref:||204772136||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Head of Applications|
Bracknell (relocating to Reading in November 2016)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Leading learning & development business seeking talented Head of Applications to lead thier talented team
About the role
We're seeking a talented Head of Applications to join our established and talented L&D solutions business, KnowledgePool. You will work within a closely knit tech team and partner with stakeholders throughout the business to continually develop, update and improve core business systems.
About Capita | Learning Services | KnowledgePool
Capita KnowledgePool is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide managed learning services, across three core service components of supplier management, training administration and learning consultancy.
We manage every type of training, across every subject matter area and every methodology. Our managed learning is provided in 16 countries, in 11 languages with 360,000 learning events managed per year across all of our clients.
What you will do:
* Lead a small team of talented Developers with the aim of providing a quality service to all key stakeholders
* Develop and maintain the various database systems across the business ensuring high levels of availability (SQL Server 2008/R2, 2005).
* Develop and maintain the various applications across the business, reports and dashboard production, CRM.
* Identify, design and deliver improvements to the existing core systems
* Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database SQL database and reports performance issues.
Your experience will include:
* Previous line management experience
* The ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for growth and creative solutions
* Strong technical skills across legacy and modern technology stacks (sql/asp/(url removed)) and across platforms (unix/windows)
* T-SQL/SQL Server experience essential
* SQL Server reporting services experience essential
* SQL Server Integration Services experience essential
* Dash-boarding/BI experience desirable
* .Net, (url removed), web services (wsdl/wcf) development experience desirable
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us