|Job Ref:||204772028||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
QA Tester - Digital platform|
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + flexible benefits
Contract: Contract - 6 months
About the role:
You will work in the Digital software development project team on Oracle ERP delivery and integration; Test scripting, hands-on testing, bug reporting and tracking. Working on "Enable"-specific projects, regression, release, user acceptance testing.
Duties will include:
• Work on developing and improving our e-Commerce platform. Cross-browser/device testing. Predominantly manual test execution. Defect and test results reporting and other project documentation as required, use of Zephyr for JIRA test management tool.
• Work as a member of a cross-functional team who build quality products.
• Design, review and maintain test cases to cover new functionality being developed or delivered.
• Liaise with project managers, data team, third parties, Abcam's implementation partner, Lead and Senior QAs.
About the QA team at Abcam
Abcam is on a journey of a multi-year investment in its core IT systems. Our architectural landscape which supports our industry leading E-Commerce platform will consist of in-house developed systems utilising middleware solutions (WebMethods) to incorporate Oracle Cloud ERP as well as other packaged systems (Cloud and On-Premise). Therefore, any experience in messaging, interfacing and architecting in this ecosystem is advantageous.
As well as our agile teams, QA is a cross-cutting function or "guild". As part of the QA team you`ll have the opportunity to work on QA initiatives as well as your software development team project work.
We ideally are looking for the following attributes:-
• 3+ years in a hands-on testing role.
• Practical experience with ERP system(s).
• Bug-tracking tool user, track record in finding bugs.
• Grounding in software theory, able to use theory and experience to inform testing decisions.
• Task estimation.
• Able to see beyond testing tasks to the bigger picture.
• Strong team player and detail-oriented
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers` success and their research needs.
It`s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you`ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If this sounds like you and you`d like to join a growing business that is really making a difference, then click on APPLY now!
Keywords: QA Tester, Manual Tester, QA Manual Tester, Automated Testing, Scrum, XP, Agile, Website Design, C#, .Net, WebDriver