|Job Ref:||204771914||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wigan||Address:||Post Code:||WN3||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Service Desk Engineer / 1st Line Support / Helpdesk -24/7|
A leading brand in specialised retail and ecommerce has an excellent opportunity in the IT Support team for a 1st line support engineer / Service Desk engineer. This role is key working in a bust, fast paced service delivery team covering 24 hours with a 4 from 7 rota basis. First Line Support Engineer will primarily be responsible for the handling of service requests coming into the Support Desk via telephone, email and 3rd NA will work across core business applications, desktop and hardware support, covering a range of technologies including Windows 8/10, Server 2012, IP telephony, networks, and peripherals and bespoke developed applications.
* Provide 1st line support (Windows desktop, Windows and bespoke in-house Application) support
* Incident and Service requests logging. - High volume call logging
* Adhere to Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes.
* Provide additional resource supplementing IT Operators to log Incidents and Service Requests within the call/ticket logging system
* Escalate and take ownership of any Major Incidents
* Liaise with IT management, Business Departments and Third Parties to action requests/tasks during Major Incidents and generate Incident Reports following incident resolution.
* Create and own System Change Requests liaising with business to ensure minimal impact
* System monitoring
Skills & Experience
* Experience working in an IT Support environment - helpdesk/support/operation
* Experience of change control* Windows (Apply online only) Active Directory Management & Trouble Shooting
* Basic Knowledge VM Ware, Microsoft Clustering & Citrix
* Basic SQL/Oracle administration & support
* Basic Networking skills
* Experience of Application Support & Trouble Shooting
* ITIL awareness
* Excellent written and verbal communication