|Job Ref:||204777070||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG Car,Bonus||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:35|
Programme Director - London|
About the Role
Seeking a number of Programme Directors with proven programme management experience to carry out the following:
* Manage the end to end delivery of a release across the entire lifecycle from Design through to handover into live service
* Manage release scope and changes within the release (ensure appropriate governance and approval of all change into and out of release)
* Development of the delivery plan for the release, including project management products (e.g PID, PMP) across third party suppliers
* Ensure work packages are developed and clearly owned by the relevant party
* Monitor the delivery of the work packages (assurance and accountability lie with the Service Provider Account Manage)
* Secure contractual position for effective delivery
* Work collaboratively with other release managers and SP Assurance Managers to secure benefit realisation for overall SMIP
* Ensure the release follows the Release Delivery Assurance (RDA) processes
* Ensure all dependencies are identified and managed.
About Capita/ DCC
Part of Capita plc, a FTSE 50 company and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support solutions
The Data and Communications Company (DCC) is responsible for establishing and managing the infrastructure necessary to support the main roll out of millions of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small non-domestic properties across Great Britain. It forms part of the Government's wider Smart Metering Implementation Programme.
Funded by the energy industry, the infrastructure will connect smart meters to the business systems of energy suppliers, network operators and other authorised service users. It offers a secure, consistent service and avoids the complexity and duplicated costs of energy suppliers installing their own networks. The network will transform how energy is supplied and give consumers greater control over their energy use.
What you will do:
* Managing standard project products
* Weekly reporting (including to the programme and highlight reports)
* Managing the project team, plan and deliverables
* Cost control - including price control
* Ensuring timely delivery of products and the overall project
* Keeping DCC directors up to speed with progress, status, risks and issues, etc
* Ensuring that the project objectives are clear and consistent with programme needs
Your Experience will include:
* Senior leader able to manage genuine complexity and multiple suppliers in demanding and public programme of work
* Proven experience of managing complex systems integration programmes
* Experience of working in regulated/political environment with complex external stakeholders
* Experience of working with major suppliers on demanding and technically complex solutions
* Experienced in working with Solution Integrators as a third party
* Experienced in project planning tools and reporting methods
* Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Ability to drive results through matrix management structure
* Strong analytical and results orientated
* Energy or similar Industry experience
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give holidays, a company pension scheme, medical and life assurance and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us