|Job Ref:||204771695||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£20000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:36|
Convergence Group has a unique opportunity available for an IT Support Technician to join the team in Solihull. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £20,000 per annum.|
Convergence Group was formed in 2004 to address the rapidly growing IP and network requirements of national and international business organisations. Convergence Group, ten years on, still only focusses on the design of scalable, cost effective, flexible, integrated network access solutions across the Wide Area Network (WAN).
The IT Support Technician will be part of a team providing technical support across all areas of the business. The role will involve supporting and maintaining operating systems and devices, externally hosted services and all other IT related systems that support the successful operations of the business. The role will also provide exposure to a broad range of IT systems and projects.
What are the responsibilities of the IT Support Technician?
- Providing 1st and 2nd Line Support
- Escalating of IT issues to peers when necessary
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues on client and server devices
- Installation and support of applications
- Provisioning and maintaining equipment
- Managing security updates and patches
- Answer calls and managing user expectations
- Asset procurement and auditing
- Setting up of workstations and devices
- Creating and maintaining documentation in line with company policies
- User account administration
- Undertaking in project work when required
- The IT Support Technician will be expected to work in a busy environment, provide high levels of technical support within the business and maintain the highest standards of internal customer service.
What skills do I need to have to become an IT Support Technician?
- Hands on experience of providing IT support up to 1st /2nd line level
- Experience supporting operating systems, applications and cloud platforms
- Experience administering IP telephony systems & mobile devices
- An industry standard professional certification
- Good knowledge of virtualisation technologies
- Good knowledge of anti-virus and security
- Good understanding of basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN)
- Hold a full, clean UK driving license
- Good understanding of Linix/Unix is desirable but not essential
- Regulatory Knowledge:
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to join one of the largest data network work suppliers as our IT Support Technician.
This profile is not an exhaustive list of the activities that the role holder may be required to undertake. The Company may require the role holder to perform other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role. All employees are subject to BPSS