|Job Ref:||204770324||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £26000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:36|
Junior Software Developer role based in Bath.|
Are you looking for a Junior role within the Software Developer sector, this is a permanent full time role in central Bath with excellent salary within a great team/company.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To work as part of the software development team, developing suite of legal practice management and finance software for the UK legal market in a variety of programming languages.
* To develop new application features and enhancements according to specifications in priority agreed by Development Manager and directors
* To fix bugs as identified by clients and internal QA teams in priority agreed by Development Manager and directors
* Providing backup, assistance and advice to other departments as required
* To hone existing programming skills and be prepared to learn new development languages to support and enhance software applications
* Assist in the investigation of customer issues
* Assist testers and other members of in the production of documentation
To produce high quality, reliable and maintainable code that delivers on spec and within time constraints.
To comment/document code to a sufficient level for future maintenance purposes.
The position is based in central Bath.
Hours: Office hours are Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.30 pm (one-hour lunch break 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm).
Demonstrable and extensive understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming.
Good understanding of RDBMS principles.
Experience of working with Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
An interest and ability in gaining software development experience, including learning new programming
languages and software development tools and environments.
Ability to work both unsupervised on individual projects and also as part of the development team.
Experience of coding in C# and/or (url removed), working in Visual Studio 2008/2010/2013/2015, especially for
Windows Forms applications.
Knowledge of best practice in working with Microsoft .Net framework version 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 / 4.5 including a good understanding of generics, COM, LINQ and (url removed).
Knowledge of ODBC query syntax for data extraction and analysis.
Knowledge of financial systems or basic financial principles.
Demonstrable knowledge of the principles of source code control systems.
Experience of Progress OpenEdge RDMBS databases and/or Progress 4GL software development.
If you are interested in this role and you have all the necessary skills please contact Bee for more information or call (Apply online only)
Simple Recruitment (South West) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency where this vacancy is concerned