|Job Ref:||204770110||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £430/day||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:36|
A leading Defence Company requires an experienced Developer for an initial 3 month contract based in Scotstoun, Glasgow. Due to the nature of the role and the access to certain material, we can only consider sole British nationals for this role and no dual nationalities. |
Purpose of role:
To design, implement and support enterprise applications for use on all ship programmes delivering them a through life information management solution supporting the ship building and ship support IS strategies.
Key Technical Skills
Subject matter expert in the design and development of major IS applications and how those applications can support the shipbuilding business process.
Working knowledge of current software development methodologies/strategies i.e. DSDM
Capable of producing technical proposals and documentation for use by senior management within the organisation to support their decision making process. Working knowledge of industry leading databases i.e. Oracle, SQL Server etc.
Demonstrable application development skills using Oracle Application Express (Apex) Good understanding of data management techniques.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Production and maintenance of an enterprise applications using Oracle Application Express.
2. Enhancement of existing Apex tools and utilities.
3. Develop new integrated solutions maximising the capabilities of the Apex toolset.
4. Develop solutions using rapid prototyping methodologies and systems integration techniques
5. Work with the user community to gain product acceptance.
6. Develop user material in the form of user guides and/or computer based training (CBT)