|Job Ref:||204769646||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:36|
On behalf of client, a leading defence organisation based in Edinburgh, I am pleased to present the opportunity for Multiple Senior / Principal Software Engineers (C++) to work on a permanent basis. |
You will be responsible for contributing to the solving of real-life engineering problems on state-of-the-art avionics sensor systems and there are opportunities at all levels: Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer and Principal Software Engineer levels depending on the skills and experience of the candidate.
You'll be responsible for:
* The full software lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, coding and unit test; to integrating the software with the hardware target; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to the customer.
* Creating high quality and robust code; for fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and reports on progress to your supervisor.
* Developing practical skills in design techniques for aerospace applications, understanding of key processes and technologies, and develop software using state-of-the-art modelling tools, compilers and test environments.
You'll have experience of the following:
* Programming in an object-oriented programming language such as C++
* OOD (Object Oriented Design) and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
* Developing software for a real-time embedded environment. MDE (Model Driven Engineering) Some of: DOORS, Rhapsody, Dimensions, MatLab, VxWorks or similar tools
Ideally you will come from a defence or aerospace background although all experience will be considered.
In return, you will be offered an extremely competitive salary and an opportunity to make your mark with a clearly defined career path in a forward thinking organisation.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position