|Job Ref:||204772839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guernsey||Address:||Post Code:||GY1||Salary:||£45000 - £65000/annum relocation + medical + bonus||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:36|
Lead Web Developer / DevOps Manager|
The mid and senior development roles are critical to managing and developing the team responsible for building and maintaining customer facing digital propositions and digital assets across all online and mobile platforms.
The Mid/Senior Web Developer will have the experience and ability to hit the ground running and to very quickly get up to speed in the Digital IT team to be able to lead on a piece of digital work.
You will be well versed in complex ecommerce environments and will have worked in a similar B2C environment with a high volume of customer transactions and a focus on the customer from a product, service, brand and marketing perspective.
The role will focus on leading major pieces of digital work to exceptional standards throughout the software development lifecycle. The role requires in-depth skills and experience of digital development and a full understanding of testing, quality assurance, agile methods, performance, security, compliance, deployment and release. This role will report into the Head of Digital IT.
Key tasks and responsibilities
* As a senior member of the Digital IT team you will lead and manage development work on a variety of committed assignments through our agile processes
* Take a leading role in agile ceremonies including daily standups, sprint planning, sprint estimating, sprint demos and sprint retrospectives
* Learning and adopting agile practices in-line with Digital IT's methodology
* Solutioning, designing and creating the most effective implementation patterns in full-stack development together with the structures in our Content Management System (CMS)
* Solutioning, designing and creating efficient interfaces with our e-commerce framework including Sitecore (CMS) together with other 3rd party systems and frameworks
* Working as part of a cross-functional digital marketing team with a focus on delivering 'best in class' digital solutions for our customers
* Maintenance and admin on all aspects of our web sites and related systems where required
* Quality assurance including unit, system (functional and non-functional testing), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance, security and compliance testing
* Enhancing and maintaining your knowledge of digital development technologies including front end coding, Sitecore CMS, 3rd party systems, security standard, PCI, Data Protection (DPA) and all other relevant areas of compliance
* Head of Digital IT
* Digital Onsite IT Manager
* Digital IT Technical Lead
* Digital IT Lead Developer
* Wider Digital IT Team including User Experience and Infrastructure
* Ecommerce/Digital Director, Digital Marketing and Brand Marketing teams
* IT Team
Key Performance Indicators
* Effectively managing, coaching and mentoring other members of the Digital IT team on all aspects of digital and web development
* Effectively leading on major Digital IT work
* Creating best practice development standards that the team are willing to adopt
* Achieving committed scrum tasks through our development and release cycle
* Creating a best in class environment and raising the bar in digital development quality
You will be an exceptional full-stack developer with a hunger to stay at the forefront of digital technologies. You will have strong communications skills, be an excellent team player and possess an exceptional understanding of testing, quality assurance, Agile methods, performance, security, compliance, deployment and release. You will have spent the last few years working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven professional environment for a B2C online retailer managing a work stream of digital development utilising full-stack digital technologies and have in-depth knowledge of at least one CMS platform.
* Strong academic background and formal software engineering qualifications
* Demonstrable experience of the full software development lifecycle
* Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and willingness to adopt agile ways of working
* Advanced logical problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
* Ability to coach other member of the team
* Ability to work well within the wider Digital teams
BSc in Computer Science or a related subject
* Knowledge of JS frameworks such as JQuery, NodeJS and AngularJS
* Minimum of 3 years' experience of the full software development lifecycle
* Minimum of one year's experience of web development within an e-commerce environment