|Job Ref:||204772793||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:36|
Java Developer (Java, Agile, Spring, Hibernate) - Bath|
A UK FTSE 50 provider of IT solutions and services are looking to hire a talented Senior Java Developer (Java, Agile, Spring, Hibernate) to join a rapidly expanding development team based in Bath, working on cutting edge projects within the financial services sector.
The successful Senior Java Developer (Java, Agile, Spring, Hibernate) will be responsible for building a new payment authorisation service, connecting to 20 card acquiring banks worldwide as part of a new development team or within one of the existing product development teams.
The development team in Bath supports a 3rd generation digital and online payments platform as well as supporting two 'heritage' processing systems. This is a SOA platform. Services are written in Java with Spring Integration and backed by a number MySQL and Infobright datastores. UI is HTML5 and NA. The platform is designed to scale-out and is currently deployed as 4 processing lanes operating in 2 datacentres, with availability well over four 9's.
The Senior Java Developer (Java, Agile, Spring, Hibernate) will work in an Agile environment with a strong culture of software craftsmanship and managing technical debt. Using a mix of Scrum and Kanban to manage their delivery, the development toolchain is IntelliJ (or Eclipse), Stash/GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar and Nexus.
Responsibilities for the Senior Java Developer (Java, Agile, Spring, Hibernate):
* Writing high quality code and automated tests as part of a scrum team
* Determining the appropriate amount of refactoring required to existing code when it is revisited as part of a sprint goal
* Ensuring that quality is maintained and the 'definition of done' for a sprint is met, both personally and by the team, typically by making sure that good automated tests are in place for the code you write, that you perform effective code reviews for other members of the team, and that you help to ensure coding standards are followed for all code produced
* Informally mentoring junior members of the team so they have a supportive environment in which to improve their skills
* As part of the scrum team, supporting Product Owners by helping them to groom and maintain the user story backlog for current projects
* Supporting other Developers, when requested, in deciding technical approaches to new projects and creating and sizing story backlogs for upcoming work
* Working with other members of the development team to continually improve practices
Experience for the Senior Java Developer (Java, Agile, Spring, Hibernate):
Essential technical knowledge:
* Java 7/8, Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, SQL, Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, knowledge of a CI product such as Jenkins or Bamboo, Git and SVN, Linux, Web Services, REST/JSON, use of automated testing tools
Highly desirable technical knowledge:
* Spring Integration, EasyMock or Mockito, JBoss/EAP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, build automation tools such as Vagrant, NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra and Redis
Experience for the Senior Java Developer (Java, Hibernate, Spring, Agile):
* Experience of developing web services / Internet systems or working on high-availability, online real-time systems
* Experience of writing good quality tests and determining the appropriate test coverage for a new feature or system capability
* An understanding of and strong desire to work in an agile development team
To apply for the Senior Java Developer (Java, Agile, Sring, Hibernate) role please press the apply button