|Job Ref:||204775043||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||UK||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum pension, hpliday, vouchers||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:55|
My client in Bracknell is currently looking for an Acoustic consultant. |
My client specialise in construction and building services.
To provide an efficient and effective service to external customers, ensuring that all work, primarily acoustic, is carried out in accordance with Building Regulations and accreditation bodies' requirements.
• Undertake acoustic consultancy work, including sound testing in accordance with Part E, and prepare remedial recommendations in the event of failures. Consultancy work will include a range of acoustic work including PCT, Environmental Noise & Vibration Surveys (PPG24, BS8233, WHO), BS4142 ratings etc
• Prepare and deliver reports to Builders and/or Professional Advisors, and check/audit tests and reports prepared by others
• Manage all aspects of assigned projects to ensure as far as possible delivery is in
• Assist with troubleshooting for all types of acoustic related problems.
• Undertake advisory/report/design consultancy commissions for external clients.
• Prepare fee proposals for acoustic work and assist in business development activities.
• Make recommendations and implement improvements to existing business systems.
• Maintenance of approved testing procedures and quality systems to facilitate continuous improvement of the Acoustics Service.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Member of a professional acoustics organisation ideally Graduate in related subject.
• Proven relevant building acoustics experience.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of sound testing procedures (ADE 2003 and BS EN ISO 140 series).
• Thorough knowledge of building regulations in respect of acoustics.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of reasons for failure of sound tests and the ability to find cost effective, practical solutions to remedy failures.
• Thorough knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards and legislation.
• Good IT skills in general MS Office environment.
• Ability to work within a formal Quality Management system.
The salary for this position is paying 30k to 32k per annum. The post is 40 hours per week operating on banked hours scheme. Benefits include a Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday per year (pro rata), childcare vouchers, etc. This is a Home-based position