|Job Ref:||204774922||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pangbourne||Address:||Post Code:||RG8||Salary:||£25 - £30/hour||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:55|
911125 - Engineering Technician|
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for position of Engineering Technician, based inPangbourne, UK.
* Accountable for conducting rig engine and automotive testing to determine the performance of lubricants and or fuels technologies.
* Work for the Senior engineer or team leader to develop and deliver against agreed key customer milestones.
* The candidate may work independently or under the direction of a Senior Engineer depending upon the task and experience of the Engineer technician.
* The role requires extensive interaction with a range of stakeholders specifically engineering and testing service teams.
* Work closely with the senior engineers and team leader to support a variety of fuels/lubricant technical projects.
* Compile end of test data reports using bp compliant IT systems and where experience allows, contribute to test results using metrology evaluation and reporting analysis, methods.
* Conducting engine tests either to standard specifications or for differentiation testing.
* Managing test bed installations and ensuring they are carried out to safety and quality standards.
* Liaise with the Senior technicians to ensure the agreed project work is clearly communicated to facilitate milestone delivery.
Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of the installation and operation of test engines.
* Experience of engine test control systems.
* Experience of data acquisition and analysis of data.
* Knowledge of gasoline and diesel combustion processes.
* Knowledge of diesel and gasoline fuel delivery systems and operating strategies
* Experience of writing technical reports.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911125