|Job Ref:||204774911||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hoddesdon||Address:||Post Code:||EN11||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:55|
The Service Director will lead aftersales business stream and drive sustainable growth and profitability in line with overall business strategy and agreed budgets. The scope of the role includes the management of all field and workshop engineers to achieve optimal value to the business as well as management of the Service Desk. This is a board level position and the role holder will work closely with and act as a business partner to other members of the senior management team to support delivery of the overall objectives of the business. Budget and profit centre responsibility for the aftersales business stream whilst responsible for a headcount of 120 employees.
• Work with the Management team to meet or exceed the aftersales revenue and contribution targets thus assisting the whole organization to meet its targets.
• Develop and implement a strategy for the growth of aftersales
• View processes and work methods for after sales service and spare parts to drive efficiencies and improve the customer experience.
• To manage inventory within budgeted levels
• Establish clear lines of communication between the service organization and all other departments both with Ireland and the group.
• Ensure service, through examinations is compliant with the Group's service and HSE standards.
• To maintain a working knowledge of the current product range and developments and ensure they are delivered giving a high level of service to our customers whilst generating a financial return
• Carry out regular reviews with all service staff ensuring that they are developed and equipped for the role.
• Maintain HSE standards within the service organisation
• Demonstrate continuous improvement toward achievement of service KPI's and other company targets
• Ensure adherence to company compliance standards
• Commercially astute, with good level of financial understanding; ability to develop and present a coherent business case with financial justification
• ISO standards knowledge and compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001
• Good understanding and experience of managing Field Service Managers and Engineers
• Good understanding and experience of Service management, including fleet profile and fleet utilisation
• Background which provides ability to manage operational aspects of Workshop and Service Desk
• Experience of managing, leading and developing individuals and teams
• Action oriented, able to develop and manage the delivery of structured action plans to address complex issues
• Highly effective and assertive communicator, able to motivate staff and build strong working relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent organisational skills
• Team oriented plus individual drive and determination
• Positive outlook, highly professional ethos and behaviour