|Job Ref:||204774877||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:55|
Maintenance Engineer |
Hydraulics, Cranes, Electrical, Welding Equipment, PLC's,
Starting Salary £28,000
Our client specialises in the fabrication and manufacture of steel products and other heavy structures. They are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to provide a maintenance service to production, which will allow them to operate our equipment in a safe and efficient manner, as required by the business.
You will be required to undertake the following:
* To undertake PPM, breakdown and planned maintenance activities on all equipment.
* To operate the maintenance system in an efficient workmanlike manner in accordance with instructions, procedures and protocols that maybe published from time to time so that the Production Department has maximum availability of assets.
* To use the Maintenance Department facilities and all other parts of the factory, machinery and systems in a safe manner in accordance with current company and health & safety legislation.
* Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping so the Maintenance Department facilities and company assets are kept clean and tidy at all times.
* Relevant environmental aspects of the Maintenance Department and factory operations are adhered to in accordance with company policy and other relevant legislation.
* To keep the Maintenance Manager informed of urgent spare part requirements and asset / service or breakdowns that could affect the business in any way.
* To use the Stores and spare parts resources in accordance with any relevant company procedures and policies, and that spare parts replacement procedures are adhered to.
* If requested to assist in modifying machines, assets or service support systems, that they discuss their suggestions fully with the maintenance manager in advance so that safety, servicing and cost implications can be considered.
* To provide shift cover so ensuring minimum manning levels are maintained
* Be prepared to work overtime or differing shift patterns from time to time should the business require it
* Build and maintain good communication between Maintenance and all other departments
* Manage contractors in a safe manner,
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
A background in equipment maintenance is essential. Qualified in an engineering discipline, either formally or via experience. Electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge. Fitting skills. Computer literate, preferably also computerised maintenance software. Good time management, organisation, planning and communication skills. Competent at Risk Assessments.
For more information please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on (Apply online only)
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy