|Job Ref:||204774644||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Warehouse Supervisor/ Storeman required for exciting opportunity with my client who are a leading provider of solutions for the provision of modular buildings and equipment for the and infrastructure sectors. |
Having been established for over 30 years they provide turnkey solutions across the UK and overseas to sectors including education, armed forces, major sporting events, prison service, mining and energy etc. Where there is a need for the provision of restaurant and catering facilities my client specialise in providing specialist modular equipment with all of the required equipment.
As a Warehouse Supervisor/ Storeman you will be working closely with the Internal Operations Manager to lead the team within the warehouse & kit inspection area and ensure that all equipment returning from hire is made ready for hire as quickly as possible, ensuring that equipment is secure and safely stored and then allocated and signed off to meet the agreed standard prior to dispatch.
Typical Duties will include:
- Leading, motivating and supervising warehouse team on a day to day basis; delegating and controlling tasks; supervise and correct quality issues; communicate all information relevant to their position within the business.
- Planning well in advance the allocation of equipment for delivery and how to deal with collections of larger hires specifying early to other operational managers what additional assistance may be required and for how long.
- Mustering equipment for hires, whether that be standalone equipment or for units 1 week in advance and provide barcodes and other required paperwork to Fleet.
- All equipment for standalone hire is to be inspected for quality of complete ancillaries, cleanliness, completed commissioning paperwork and User Guides.
- Establishing and maintaining flexible equipment marshalling and return equipment areas within the warehouse to suit the ebb and flow of the business.
- Ensuring that all equipment that is thoroughly prepared for hire has a Pre-Inspection Delivery (PDI) Check completed for it.
- Ensuring that all barcode scanning and other procedures are complied with
- Liaison with all other operational departments and sales team as to equipment availability, suitability and location.
- Safe and effective use of warehouse storage space. Safe working practices are to be strictly supervised by the supervisor for staff of whatever department in his/her Warehouse/s.
- Checking all collections for completeness / dirty /missing standalone equipment.
- Actively participating in Operations meetings every week and brief warehousing team immediately following meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor/ Storeman who is looking for an exciting opportunity with a leading company in a practical Supervisory role