|Job Ref:||204774417||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£350 - £400/day||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Job Title: Rail Depot Construction/Infrastructure Manager|
Job Location: Central London + travel to depots
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Days, Mon-Friday
Contract Length: 6 months
Our client is a world renowned manufacturer of railway vehicles. Their world class operations include design, manufacture and continued maintenance of a variety of rail and light rail vehicles. In addition to this work they build and refurbish depots ready for their new projects.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the development and delivery of complex construction projects including depots and other infrastructure enhancements.
* Develop solutions for depot and infrastructure enhancements
* Progress the solutions through design phases and planning approval
* Appoint and manage construction contractors to complete the work
* Deliver project on-time and within budget
* Manage all stake holders, both internal and external
* Ensure the scope of work fully supports the expectations of the project
* Actively manage the technical requirements for the project through a requirements management system
* Deploy a test and inspection plan to ensure that work is 'right first time'
* Minimise the risk of delays and ensure milestones are met with regards to other project deadlines
* Manage the approvals process for any modifications
* Be aware of and highlight any opportunities for improvement/added value
* Degree qualified in Engineering/Construction related degree
* 5+ years experience in a relevant position
* Experience in managing a multi-disciplined construction project
* Experience of delivering of rail interfaces on a construction project
* Experience of managing project budgets
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
* Rail depot infrastructure experience
Phone: (Apply online only)
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client