|Job Ref:||204774266||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£40000 - £41000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join a large manufacturing company within the High Speed Packing department.
Duties will include:
• Ensure the highest standards within Safety, Quality, Hygiene and Environmental.
• Operate all Packing Lines as a key primary function, but with the ability to train and develop employees and agency workers to maintain flexibility within the workforce.
• Reactive maintenance on equipment with packing, process and utilities areas,
• Perform planned maintenance to packing lines, and also the boiler plant when required and time permits.
• Operational duties and reactive maintenance and on mechanical, electrical and electronic systems
• Assist the Reliability Engineer in the planning & scoping of planned line overhauls, including spares lists.
• Assist in completing RCA (Root Cause Analysis) on component failures, generating and implementing modifications & improvements to address reliability and performance issues within the plant.
• Provide cost estimates for improvement and support capital requests for improvements when not operating or maintaining.
• Record usage of spares in SAP in order to maintain accurate SAP inventories.
• Involvement of Pre-Delivery inspections & installation of new plant for area of responsibility, when required.
• Participate in capital projects at all stages of implementation through to commissioning.
• Mentor, train and advise on engineering practices and Maintenance issues at all levels.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Ideally HNC/NVQ4 in an engineering discipline.
• Relevant experience of operating and maintenance within an automated process or packing operation.
• Demonstrates ability for problem solving and providing long term solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
• Experience of Predictive/Preventative maintenance techniques and regimes.
• Multi-skilled in a range of engineering trades.
• Comparable experience of maintenance within an automated continuous process environment, which includes PLC and HT systems.
• Knowledge of Health, Safety & environmental systems & procedures
The company is based in London, easily commutable from Essex and Kent and will be working a 3 shift pattern; early, late and night shifts. With the shift allowance included the salary earnings will be between £40K-£41K
(Ash Employment Services Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity)