|Job Ref:||204773890||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
The Ultimate Engineering Challenge awaits you!|
Due to continual growth my client is recruiting a Control Systems Engineer, they are one of the UK's leading Automation Specialists that builds and manufactures special purpose machinery.
As a Control Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
Ensure that all design and development work is carried out to a high level of quality, within given budgets and on time.
Operate within a team environment, supporting other members of the team.
Confidently work through development life cycle (design, build, test and commission) to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Specify, design, implement, test and document control systems and Hardware
• Interpret user requirement specifications and Functional Design Specifications to develop control systems within budget
• Work with the team to specify control hardware including PLC equipment and motion control
• Produce software to Company quality standards, on time and within budget, ensuring sufficient documentation is developed to aid system lifetime support
• Use AutoCAD Electrical design tools to produce individual drawings and drawing packs, on time, for use in the procurement of parts and assembly of machines
• Undertake electrical calculations to substantiate and prove design concepts and drawings
• Produce Bills of Materials for use in procuring parts and purchase parts as necessary within Company guidelines
• Communicate with both external and internal customers to ensure design solutions are understood
• Implement electrical and control solutions through build, integrating and testing
• training documentation for users (i.e. field engineers and customer)
As a Control Systems Engineer you will have the following experience;
• Engineering qualifications; Degree, HNC or approved apprenticeship
• 5+ years' experience developing custom automation or special purpose machinery.
• A good understanding of PLC's, HMI, motion control and drives are essential.
• A high level of IT literacy and good written and confident communications skills