|Job Ref:||204771539||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Knottingley||Address:||Post Code:||WF11||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum car, pension,bonus||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Reporting directly to the Production Director and working within the current Engineering Projects Team the Electrical Engineer holds responsibility for support and development projects.
The role requires the Engineer to:
* Support operating sites with technical backup
* Assist / advise site based teams in fault finding and rectification of control system operating faults
* Liaise with production & engineering management to optimise current control systems
* Identify updates to improve / enhance process performance
* Design & specify upgrades to current control panels
* Develop understanding of differing manufacturers programming language
* Maintain familiarity / currency with control system development
* Design and specify control systems for new production plant installations
* Manage upgrade / improvement projects.
* Ideally be an Engineering Graduate in a relevant associated Electrical Engineering discipline having minimum of 2 years industrial experience, or holding time served experience offering equivalent professional knowledge
* A good understanding of power distribution, transformers and associated control gear including variable speed drives and servo control systems
* Strong knowledge of at least one industry leading PLC, HMI software and SCADA system is essential
* Have sufficient practical experience to apply your skills to work with other types of PLC software language.
Due to the diverse nature of the role the candidate must be comfortable in both a design and development role and that of active participation in installation, commissioning and routine operation fault diagnostics.
Salary £32K to £40K p.a. depending on experience plus car, profitability related bonus and company pension.
40 hours per week, flexible working 8am - 5pm.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business