|Job Ref:||204771370||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Hartlepool||Address:||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Circa £35k +/-
Working for this small to medium sized, multi-office engineering consultancy, you will be working in a small team but within a busy office where this time last year there was no structural team. This reflects the absolute success they have had and the opportunity this presents.
As a structural engineer, you will report into a Senior Engineer who will be keen to allow you the latitude to express yourself and prove what you can do and what you are capable of. With a fairly equal split of work between residential and commercial/industrial, you will very much be working on your own projects whilst also helping to develop the graduate engineers.
So what do we need?
* Good degree (ideally Masters) in an appropriate 'built environment' discipline
* Working towards MICE, MIStructE or similar
* 5-6 years' experience (give or take) in the design of UK residential/commercial/ industrial/ building structures
* A good working knowledge of the following software; Fastrak Building Designer, TEDDS, CSC Structural Office, RCC spreadsheets.
* Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber.
* Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design
* Prepare structural calculations, specifications, reports and general correspondence
* Produce construction drawings using CAD.
* Ability to carry out structural surveys and produce reports
* Experienced in Project Engineer capacity acting as lead engineer
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Apply online now or call Steve Halliday at Edge Careers to discuss further