|Job Ref:||204771358||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Andover||Address:||Salary:||£29000 - £32000/annum + Benefit, commercial vehicle||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Our client is a world-leading lifting equipment manufacturer serving manufacturing and process industries, shipyards and harbors with productivity enhancing lifting solutions and services. We have all the resources, technologies and attitude to deliver our customer promise Lifting Businesses™.|
The business area of maintenance service offers service solutions and maintenance for all crane brands, for port equipment and machine tools.
We are looking for experienced electrical engineers to join our existing field service team, who are involved in the repair, maintenance and service of our customers' lifting equipment, service inspection contracts, refurbishment and modernisation projects, installation, testing and certification of overhead cranes and hoists
You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes, trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions, consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues, generating sales leads during service call, and completing appropriate documentation.
What we expect from you:-
- You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
- Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor. A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits. Some frequency speed control device experience. Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
- Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height.
- Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, but not essential as full product training will be given
- Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
- Proven commitment to safety
- You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Hold a current driving licence
Our client is committed to the personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that these positions include a host of benefits. A Company van with satellite navigation, corporate clothing and mobile telephone are provided. An attractive remuneration/benefits package is offered including an attractive base salary (dependent upon skills and experience), you are paid from the moment you leave your home in the morning, regular paid overtime after the basic 39 hours, there is ample opportunity for overtime, contributory pension, sales bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, specialized training on high quality products, provision of all equipment and PPE along with excellent company working practices and industry leading training programme.
Applicants must live within the M3/ M4 corridor or the within the surrounding area