|Job Ref:||204771158||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30522/annum + Shift Allowance||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Maintenance Engineer (3 Shift Rotation)|
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Kidderminster
Salary: £30,522 + Shift Allowance (10% days - 30% Nights)
Leading 1st tier supplier in the automotive sector
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
• Manage the communication process between Maintenance and other business functions, in particular Production.
• Support the nurturing of a work culture that fosters growth, trust, honesty, empowerment and mutual respect utilising the company Management and Cooperation Principles.
• Maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
• To be a professional, proactive, and productive representative of the Maintenance Team within the company.
• To ensure production targets and quality objectives are met by contributing to the effective maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment. To work as part of a team responsible for meeting quality, cost and timing targets within the role.
• Diagnose and rectify equipment problems quickly and efficiently
• Investigate permanent solutions to equipment problems
• Plan and implement equipment improvement
• Ensure that all processes meet health and safety requirements and that procedures are followed
• Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
• Contribute to cost reduction projects
• To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture
• To work flexibility and carry out additional duties as requested
• Assist in the management of maintenance stores
• Understanding of automotive manufacturers practices
• Good, sound engineering background I.e. an understanding of manufacturing processes (automotive experience an advantage)
• Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector
• Able to understand modern engineering philosophies for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, JIB, Muda, 5's, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001 etc
• Knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
• Good Numeracy and Literacy skills
• 3 years post qualification experience
• Ability to manage conflicts and differences of opinion and still achieve objectives
• Sound understanding of health, safety and environmental issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of an organisation
• Self motivated
• Practical Problem Solving techniques
• Time management and planning skills
• Knowledge of standard IT software including Word and Excel
• BTEC Certificate Engineering, City & Guilds Electrical Installations Parts I & II or equivalent.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)