|Job Ref:||204776809||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum car, pension||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Role: Quantity Surveyor- Power|
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Attractive Benefits
Location: Newcastle, UK
Mackenzie Stuart is currently working with a global engineering company who are seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor. As quantity surveyor you will manage proposals with the objective of securing quality orders for projects within UK markets as a part of the pre-contract award function. The role will potentially cover proposals with various categories of projects. The role reports to the Civil Engineering Manager - HV Substations.
* An expert in comprising large scale tenders focusing on Substation Projects +£10Million in value.
* Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scopes of work and required contents of estimates
* Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers about prospective work
* Assess the market for shifts/patterns that may contribute to increase in future workload
*Liaise with capture team and advise on engineering, construction, planning aspects to provide a value solution.
* Oversee and review the work of the estimating department ensuring an effective and streamlined bid process
* Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs
* Research new bidding opportunities and newly advertised projects within the division's territory
* Assist in creating, organising and maintaining vendors and subcontractors lists in order to facilitate quotes for projects
* Degree / HNC / HND; preferably Quantity Surveying or Construction / Engineering related. Attained or working towards professional accreditation to the RICS would be an advantage 5 - 10 years
* Experience in a similar role; with Site/Construction experience preferred.
* Prior working in the Electricity T&D Industry would also be advantageous.
* Experience in tendering processes & packages.
*Contractual acumen is a key requirement, with experience in the use of a number of forms of Contract, in particular NEC3 & its' various options.
*Working knowledge of the NEC3 Contract is a primary requirement of the role.
If you believe you are at this level and have the correct skills, please forward your CV on accordingly. Due to a large anticipated response, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has not been successful.
Mackenzie Stuart is a leading executive search and selection business. From our offices in Leeds, London & Toronto we provide retained and contingency recruitment solutions across industry and have specialist recruitment consultants that work within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & Built Environment, Medical & Scientific, Healthcare, Education, Finance & Accountancy, Insurance