|Job Ref:||204776504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Trainee Sheet Metal Design Engineer - Lantek|
Client location is Leicester
Permanent opportunity (with training)
Interviews happening as soon as Thursday 13th October
Start date as early as Monday 13th October.
This exiting business specialise in the design and production of point of sale equipment used in high end retail environments. The company offer a consultative service and pride themselves on the quality of their products.
Due to significant increase in their order book, they are looking to recruit an additional Design Engineer that with training can become a great long term member of their team.
You will get a great insight into the manufacturing industry and training throughout the business across: Design, Build, and Installation.
The role of a Mechanical Design Engineer is as follows...
• Designing signs, structures, sheet metal works, shop fittings and cabinets.
• Creating 2D layouts in Lantek design package.
• Producing engineering drawings, manufacturing diagrams, creating a bill of material and arrangement drawings.
• Training on the shop floor to help with the build, bending, punching, welding and laser cutting of sheet metal.
The type of person this business requires is as follows...
• Strong aptitude to become a CAD Designer.
• Minimum experience is as a production operative/fitter and general manufacturing.
• Sheet metal work background would be preferable