|Job Ref:||204776459||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Engineering Technical Support Manager - Process instrumentation |
This would ideally suit a service engineer whose fed-up going out on the road every day and prefers a more office based technical support role.
This niche engineering company, has a brand new, and interesting opportunity for a Technical Support Manager to support customers on specialist instrumentation.
This is a somewhat varied role, with the main responsibilities being;
• Supporting customers for a portfolio of process instrumentation for industries (via phone/email and occasionally face-to-face), advising on how to use and what instruments to best use for their applications.
• Maintaining the Quality Management System (ISO9001) including conducting internal audits.
• Quality control on incoming products and liaison with suppliers concerning quality issues.
• Customer returns/warranty trouble shooting.
• ATEX products labelling and testing and records control.
• Calibration Certificate production.
The role is office-based, but with occasional overseas visits to the European factory or to train a new distributor. The role is managing the technical support function and does not manage any staff.
We do need someone who understands process instrumentation, who is customer facing and who ideally has experience of quality management systems (although we are prepared to provide training).
CAD drawing experience would be handy.
You also need to be living within a reasonable commute to Reading as the role will have key-holding responsibilities.
The position would ideally suit a service engineer (electrical preferred), who's fed-up with going out on the road each day and looking for a more in-house, but still retaining the technical customer support side, or might suit an ex-REME engineer.
Please note Forest Engineering is working on an exclusive basis with our client.
Salary is dependent upon relevant experience and how well you could fit in the role without too much training + benefits including 25 days holiday and private heath and product training