|Job Ref:||204776324||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£22 - £27/hour||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Our client requires 1 Buyer to work on site in Manchester.|
* Manage quality and delivery of all purchases to project timescales, objectives and equipment specification.
* Ensure that Terms & Conditions secured with Suppliers cover the Risk Criteria in line with the procurement strategy.
* Follow up procurement activities by proactively organising and expediting major scopes of supply and sub-contract works with the project teams.
* Proactively identify and raise awareness of potential supply chain issues within the business.
* Play an active role in the tendering process on category A,B & C Tenders and promote good working relationships with existing and new Suppliers to establish long term relationships.
* Developing the procurement strategy and supporting the tendering team on key commodities.
* Provide structured & professional support to the commercial / tendering managers in the pre-selection of 'Key Suppliers / Subcontractors'.
* To perform the role of a lead buyer, for specified commodities / suppliers, leading the timely development of terms and framework contracts, which meet the business unit / group objectives, against which other group buyers can place individual commitments.
* Assist in the development of the business unit action plan, ensuring that all the activities are targeted in order to move the Division closer to World Class status.
* Take ownership of key deliverables.
Please forward CVs in the first instance