|Job Ref:||204775771||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:56|
Are you a Principal Engineer (Submarine Propulsion), who has the drive to be part of the nation's most complex and high profile maritime projects? You will be working closely with the client, industrial partners and suppliers within the Secondary Propulsion team on the Successor Class submarine programme. You will be leading and supporting the technical development of a design solution that will enable other engineers to work to an acceptable standard on any other platform. We are currently seeking a Principal Engineer (Submarine Propulsion) to join them at their site in Cumbria. |
This role of Principal Engineer (Submarine Propulsion) will give you the chance to work with complex submarine systems, as well as the opportunity to undertake a diverse range of design and analytical activities across the full product lifecycle. Furthermore the development of both the technical and managerial responsibilities required will provide a foundation for progression into more senior roles within the business.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer (Submarine Propulsion) will involve:
* Establishing the engineering design at a systems and equipment level
* Dealing with major equipment, suppliers and technical contract delivery challenges
* Designing and developing the fluid systems and major rotating equipment from concept through detailed design, design for manufacture, test and commissioning, as well as in-service support and analysis
* A wide range of other activities such as requirements definition, system analysis and modelling, equipment specification, safety case support and test specification
* Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders, including the UK Ministry of Defence, industrial partners and Royal Navy
* Acting as technical lead on various tasks, as well as mentoring other team members
Your skills and qualifications as a Principal Engineer (Submarine Propulsion):
* Degree (honours) or equivalent qualification or experience within a relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) discipline (must be mechanical or mechanically applicable bias)
* Good working knowledge of fluid systems and/or rotating equipment/ steam plant design and manufacture
* Demonstrable evidence of working within a project team which outlines an appreciation of the 'requirements through to deliverables' process
* Relevant experience in industrial application of engineering knowledge, including but not limited to: calculation, safety analysis, design, mathematical modelling analysis of technical documentation, equipment specification and evidence of independent working
* Previous experience as technical lead on projects
* Previous experience within a comparable industry, such as: shipbuilding, offshore, power, defence, rail, nuclear, process, utilities etc.
Security Clearance WILL be required for this role due to the nature of the projects involved.
If interested in the role of Principal Engineer (Submarine Propulsion) then please contact Karla Harris-Hignett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either (Apply online only) (DL) (Apply online only) (Mob) - or send an up-to-date WORD CV to all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency