|Job Ref:||204775591||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Salary:||£26000 - £29000/annum £neg. DOE + Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
We are a leading engineering company specialising in the design, development and manufacture of automotive products and systems. Due to continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Goods Inwards Inspector / SQA Inspector to join the team.|
* Goods Inward inspection & PPAP vendor response co-ordination.
* Non-conforming product disposition activity.
* Calibrated tools marshalling.
* Investigation and processing of non-conforming products (rejects) - Vendor and internal rejects.
* Inspection of incoming goods as per the company's PPAP (Pre-production part approval) process.
* Providing support to the new product introduction team to ensure that the new products / existing products with design changes are qualified via PPAP process.
* Preparing PPAP reports for the new product introduction projects.
* Supplier liaison to resolve chassis quality problems.
* Supporting chassis assembly lines for resolving zero hour chassis failures (Assembly and Frame).
* Internal / External Quality Audits to BS EN ISO 9001.
* Ideally a minimum of 5 years mechanical inspection experience in automotive or aerospace industry.
* Fully competent in the inspection of mechanical components.
* Able to interpret and understand engineering drawings.
* Ideally competent in the use and operation of the 'Faro Arm'
* Working knowledge and experience of the quality systems BS EN ISO 9001:2008 or equivalent quality standard.
* Ability to analyse and monitor quality trends.
* Working experience of problem solving e.g. 8D process and reporting.
* Working knowledge of welding processes.
* Working knowledge of establishing root cause.
* Competent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel etc)
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003