|Job Ref:||204770601||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Holbeach St Marks||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Location: Holbeach St Marks, South Lincolnshire
Salary: £35k - £40k plus excellent benefits
A food manufacturing company are now looking for a SHE Manager to join their team.
SHE Manager - Job Purpose
To ensure that the requirements of all relevant Health & Safety and Environmental legislation are implemented, that the business complies with corporate and legal requirements and that a culture of safety is prevalent throughout the business.
SHE Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain the SHE Management system
- Ensure the business complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and the SHE manual. This includes conducting/coordinating assessments such as risk assessments, audits and inspections on time, with time-bound action plans for resolution of highlighted issues.
- Develop and Implement with the Manufacturing Manager the SHE strategy for Cucina Sano and recommend policies, standards, procedures and systems to ensure site compliance to SHE policy and legislative requirements. Develop initiatives to improve Health & Safety and environmental performance
- Ensure that personal and environmental accidents and near misses are investigated, recorded and reported properly and closed out, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents.
- Co-ordinate Business Unit actions with regard to enforcement authorities and Loss Adjusters etc, in conjunction with manufacturing Manager.
- Monitor performance to achieve targets set in action plans. Provide up to date Health & Safety and Environmental trend information to the business on a monthly basis.
- Keep the Business informed of any new legislation and changes in Group policy, identify gaps and implement actions to ensure conformity.
- Ensure that individuals are adequately trained to fulfil all Safe Systems of Work within each operation. Facilitate and deliver training across the site as required.
- Facilitate regular site audits and SHE site committee meetings across days and nights as required. Attend the business SHE forum.
- Effectively review the site visitor management, including logistics and all permits to work from contractors. This also includes regular review of the site traffic management.
SHE Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a SHE Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Practical experience of H & S in a fast paced manufacturing environment including contact with appropriate external organisations
- Passionate about SHE, able to lead & influence at all levels thus facilitate change
- Experience of delivering SHE training at a high level
- Strong communication skills both in terms of verbal / presentation skills and written documentation and a team player.
- Demonstrable compliance to legislation and use of problem solving skills / personal judgement as well as policy adherence in order to make optimum business decision.
- PC competent
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (Apply online only).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update