|Job Ref:||204770583||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£65000 - £75000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Austin Fraser are excited to be representing one of the biggest names in Medical Devices manufacturing worldwide at one of their state of the art manufacturing facilities close to the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire border.|
The environment is fast paced, and medium/high volume manufacturing with a range of different process used. The culture typically suits individuals that enjoy working in a diverse and fast paced environment that also enjoy working as part of a collective team.
You will lead a team of Process Engineers, Project Engineers and Technicians to implement NPI and Capacity requirements in line with product demand projections covering process technology selection, process user specification requirement, equipment purchase, design reviews, commissioning, process validation, optimisation and successful handover to the respective manufacturing / value stream.
* Ensure that all associates comply at all times to the site and statutory Health, Safety & Environmental requirements, Quality Systems, cGMP and internal project procedures.
* To define tooling and moulding strategies in conjunction with the Site Capacity & Master Plan.
* Deliver WW Engineering moulding requirements and provide input into new product / process development to ensure alignment with industrial manufacturing strategy.
* Accountable for defining, managing, tracking and controlling the moulding engineering department budget, resources and capital requirements (CAPEX) within agreed spending limits.
* Follow internal project methodologies for the introduction of new moulding solutions.
* Hold regular project reviews and at minimum monthly status reporting, for internal projects as well as manufacturing contractors' projects.
* Accountable for specifying, procuring and introducing commercial equipment, robotics and ancillaries for Swindon and TTB plants, including those that are outsourced at manufacturing contractors, and achieve project deliverables within agreed timescales and costs.
* Work with local site and Global Procurement regarding equipment purchases and vendor selection.
* Accountable for meeting operational performance targets relating to output, waste & downtime reduction, quick change cost improvements.
* Act as a cost reduction leader for moulding, attacking cycle time reduction through designed experiments and statistical analysis.
* Initiate and implement improvements to newly launched equipment, lead root cause analysis and finding root cause fixes.
* To assess and implement technical capabilities at the TTB Plant and provide technical direction as required to site process and tool engineering resources.
* Actively participate in site management to define and execute strategies to achieve business and site objectives.
* Embrace and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies within moulding team.
* Coach and develop engineering team technical and personal skills to realize personal and business goals and to ensure effective succession planning.
You should at least 5 years experience working in a similar environment with knowledge of ISO 13485 or a GMP/Plastics environment. Full relocation allowance will also be provided for individuals looking to relocate to the local area