|Job Ref:||204770549||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£42000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Leading international Special Purpose Machinery Manufacturer to the food & packaging processing industry requires a Production Manager to lead the production and assembly (electrical and mechanical) department.
We require candidates that have significant experience of working in a low volume / high mix engineering environment and have used SAP.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
* You are responsible for the realisation of the production and assembly planning in terms of time and quality. The quality of outgoing products is a minimum precondition, as is the safety of the employees and good working conditions.
* Your responsibility includes the delivery of machines and components for both sales and service.
* You are responsible for driving continuous improvement within production and assembly and the interfaces with related departments within Colchester, such as Sales, Innovation, Purchasing and Planning
* Next to that, you are responsible for the transfer of the manufacturing processes, knowledge and quality assurance of products from Colchester to other sites.
* You are responsible for proper staffing levels and staff engagement and development.
* You will work closely with the other departments within Manufacturing and Materials Management with close cooperation with Innovation and Quality.
Knowledge / experience with SAP.
A bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and / or industrial engineering or equivalent.
Hands on, strong personality with proven track record in manufacturing management.
Extensive knowledge and experience with products, processes and materials in a technical production environment.
Be able to run industrial engineering projects.
Familiar with logistics concepts (QRM, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, etc.).
Extensive significant experience in a managerial position: able to provide direction to the team, integral thinker, analytical, inspiring. Coaching management style, people-oriented , bridge builder, capable of two-way communication.
Entrepreneurship: is pragmatic, decisive and self-starter.
Team Builder: to get the best out of themselves and others and communicates easily on all levels.
Commercial, practical and customer-oriented attitude.
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: to £45,000 pa
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position