|Job Ref:||204770417||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£7.00 - £8.00/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Industrial Cleaner required |
Responsible to: Production Manager
Principal Responsibilities: Responsible for making sure the factory is kept clean and tidy.
* Ensure a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the factory on a daily basis.
* Ensure swarf bins are regularly emptied to maintain production.
* Ensure the toilets are cleaned weekly and check toilet roll supply.
* Ensure the factory floor is cleaned weekly.
* Keep the outside of the factory tidy and swarf free.
* Make sure any spillages are dealt with straight away to prevent any injuries.
* Keep an eye out for any slips or trips hazards and rectify if required.
* To use cleaning materials appropriately, as instructed and economically and to inform Line Manager when stocks are low.
* To ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order, reporting any faults to Line Manager.
* Only use approved cleaning materials and in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations. Chemicals should never be mixed with other chemicals
* Report to management any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the efficiency of the work assigned.
* The list above is an overview of some of the tasks, it is important that a flexible approach is adhered to.
* Be an interactive team player, promoting and supporting a culture of continual improvement, 5s and Lean manufacturing standards.
* Maintains a clean, safe, organized and manageable work area adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Take a responsible approach to health, Safety and environmental risk in relation to your own job role and report them to the management as appropriate.
* Demonstrating work behaviours consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, procedures and any legislative requirements.
* Attend work on time with no unauthorised absences without a suitable reason.
* Any other duties as required, commensurate with the job position
General Duties to be carried out
Outside of factory
Pick up paper.
Empty cigarette bins.
Weed along front of factory.
Weed at back of factory/car park.
Does car park need sweeping?
Pick up rags/paper etc;
Tidy around swarf bin area.
Clean up oil spillages.
Check for general tidiness.
Inform Chris if swarf bins need emptying.
Empty re-cycling bins when required.
Clean canteen area including:-
Sweep floor/wash floor/clean tables.
Clean under and on top of vending machines.
Clean skirting boards.
Wash sink area.
Clean behind/under sinks, bowls, cisterns etc;
Clean towel holders including top.
Clean loo dividing panels etc;
Clean window sills.
Sweep & wash floor.
Disinfect urinals. (Bleach as well)
Caustic soda once per month.
Check soap dispensers.
Check toilet roll supply.
Generally keep shop floor tidy.
Throw away dirty rags.
Keep area around grinding m/c's tidy.
Check for oil spillages & clean up if necessary.
Do swarf bins need emptying?
Do walls need washing?
Keep staircases clean & tidy.
Check sawdust level. Inform John Bolger if low.
Clean m/c casings
Help out in cleaning bay when required.
Empty the bins when required.
Hoover all floors.
Polish desks/cabinets etc.
Ensure they are clean & tidy.
(Production duties will be trained in house so no previous knowledge required).
These are general guidelines of tasks to be carried out; there may also be other duties which are not listed above.
The hours for this position are Monday-Thursday 07:30-16:30, Friday 07:30-12:30 a total of 39 hours per week. £7.50PH for further information please contact Jas on (Apply online only) 0r (Apply online only)