|Job Ref:||204770353||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Ickleford||Address:||Post Code:||SG5||Salary:||£38000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Our client was established in the UK in 1992, they specialises in the production of food coatings for customers in the global food processing industry. They support many of the world's leading retail and foodservice brands though our international network of manufacturing sites and commitment to new product development. Due to company expansion they are now looking to recruit a Engineering Manager who will report to the Operations Director.|
Their is scope to grow and develop with this company as the The Operations Manager says:
"Working for our client has opened up doors that I never expected. I have constantly been encouraged and mentored as I progressed my career through the company. Each day presents a different challenge, which is what makes the job so exciting. It's a pleasure to come to work."
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the overall management, and development of the engineering department, together with capital projects, reliability and safety of all plant and equipment, in line with PWR.
• The Engineering Manager is the directing mind for safety in the department. Ensures that the appropriate risk assessments and any corresponding SSW are in place, and are being actively used and understood by the engineers.
• Appoints and manages all subcontractors, limiting their use to project work as opposed to becoming reliant on them for day to day activities. Ensures they are competent and work to safe systems, and meet the company's and its legal obligations.
• Resource Management
• Team Management
• Budget Management
• Liaises with Operations teams to address operational issues in order for them to meet their targets
• Monthly reports progress + issues and KPI's
• Develops site maintenance strategy, in line with the strategic plan
• Assist with the management of the consumption of energy and is central to meeting Climate Change and operational savings in Specific Energy Consumption, in order to reduce carbon emissions
• Seeks cost effective solutions to engineering problems
• Responsible for ensuring statutory inspections
• Manages the site's utilities, buildings and services
• Manages all service visits / contracts, & exception of FLT's
Person, knowledge, skill and experience:
-Communication skills both written and verbal
-Positive can do attitude
-Formal engineering qualifications
-Working knowledge of Health and safety legislation
-Contract management and budgeting skills
-Working knowledge of site's operations
-Experience working in a similar role
-Able to demonstrate experience managing a team
-Knowledge of best practice within engineering
If you think this is you then please call Karen today on (Apply online only)
We are an independent recruitment agency operating in (industrial, driving, manufacturing and commercial sectors) Our candidates are very important to our business so we offer a genuine 24 hour friendly contact service to all our candidates, we offer excellent rates of pay, regular weekly pay, overtime pay, holiday pay and work incentives. Our Headquarters is located at Bletchley Park, the home of the Code Breakers and we also have further offices in, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Leicester & Burton on Trent