|Job Ref:||204770093||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Job Purpose / Objectives:
To work as part of the Engineering team to develop steering systems to suit customer driven requirements.
Job Responsibilities and Major Activities / Tasks:
* Design and amend steering systems and components using 3D modelling software, mainly Solidworks.
* Create detailed drawings suitable for manufacturing and assembly.
* Using FEA to influence the design of components.
* Liaison directly with customers/ suppliers and internal departments on a technical level.
* Some travelling maybe required to discuss projects, which may include foreign travel.
* Set up and running of sample testing, including technical report writing.
* Familiar with DFMEA's, APQP.
* Involvement with project management and advanced planning for production.
* Manage/ Hand calculation for loads/forces/torque would be advantageous
* Any other duties as required.
* Qualified to at least HND or Degree level in an area of Engineering.
* Experience within a design engineering environment.
* Experience on SolidWorks design software (although experience on other systems will be considered and training will be provided).
* Computer literate including Microsoft Office software.
* Full driving licence.
* Experience in FMEA, FEA and APQP, "hands on" manufacturing.
* Be prepared to work offsite when required;
The company design, test and deliver world class systems for the automotive and off-highway markets using state of the art CAD (Solid Works), purpose designed and built test facilities, and state of the art manufacturing capability. The company designs bespoke solutions to suit the exact requirements of the customer regardless of vehicle type, size or quantity.
Key words for this role: CAD, SolidWorks, Pro-E, Inventor, Automotive, Tier 1, Off Highway, Mechanical design, FEA, Analysis