|Job Ref:||204770073||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Code:||HP2||Salary:||£200 - £223/day Van, Overtime etc||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Electrical Supervisor |
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Electrical Supervisor with solid Oil and Gas experience with Proficient knowledge of electrical safety standards and regulations including awareness of requirements for hazardous area electrical equipment (DSEAR/ ATEX) and HV systems.
• To manage and coordinate Electrical project activities within so that company and statutory requirements are met.
• To provide support to other supervisors in delivering their work.
• Act as a focal point for engineering projects having an input into design and installation works to ensure projects are planned and completed with due regard to requirements for safety and operations.
• Provide work plans and outage requests associated with Project Activities
• Provide operational support as required including out-of-hours standby rota participation and respond to emergency situations, including dealing with emergency authorities and statutory bodies.
• Obtain quotations and raise orders for goods and services required for project responsibilities in accordance with the company purchasing system and budget constraints.
• Assist colleagues and contractors in safe systems of work, including risk assessment, Electricity at Work Act (HV & LV) and gas testing procedures.
• Provide on the job training and familiarisation for staff on plant installations and project activities.
• Ensure the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) is used to upkeep plant and maintenance requirements.
• Identify and prepare work scopes and justifications for engineering project works to enhance, modify or replace existing plant and equipment ensuring integrity is maintained and equipment is supportable.
Knowledge and Experience
• Proficient knowledge of electrical safety standards and regulations including awareness of requirements for hazardous area electrical equipment (DSEAR/ ATEX) and HV systems.
• A recognised professional qualification in a relevant electrical discipline to NVQ level 3 or equivalent standard.
• Experience including responsibility for supervising staff and contractors completing electrical maintenance and installation work in an industrial environment.
• Recent experience of completing 'hands-on' maintenance and fault finding on electrical plant and equipment.
• Numerate, good command of English language both written and oral.
• Full driving licence.
• HNC / HND level qualification in a relevant electrical discipline, Experience of maintenance and fault finding on control and instrumentation systems including PLC's.,
• Certified electrical apprenticeship, CompEx qualification for hazardous area equipment, Experience in a supervisory maintenance role within the oil and gas pipeline and storage industry.
• Knowledge of relevant safe working practices associated with COSHH, Confined Space Entry, Lifting Operations, Pressure Vessels and Pipework Systems, Hydraulic Systems and Workshop Tasks.
• Provide hands-on project support services
• Work as part of the team of Supervisor's so the Sector act together to provide expected level of services to Clients
• Use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) so that plant and maintenance records are updated in line with project delivery
• Support Capital Projects by providing design input, operational experience and site expertise so that projects are delivered to scope, time and budget.
• Procure and coordinate goods and services to deliver project requirements efficiently
• Enforce corporate and statutory Electrical Safety Rules and provide and administer Permit to Work documentation so that sites and work activities are safe.
• Work additional hours as reasonably expected to fulfil duties, respond to plant issues and to assist with project activities.
• Prioritise workload for self and contribute to Sector work plans to maximise manpower efficiency with due regard to plant criticality and operational demands.
• Make decisions related to safe undertaking of work and control measures for work undertaken by self, colleagues or contractors.
• Make decisions related to installation methodology with due regard to Safe working and future maintenance required
• Response to breakdowns, system alarms or other operational requirements, including participating is an out of hours "standby" call-out rota that covers evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a 7x24hr basis
Contact with Others
• Day to day liaison with Technicians, Supervisors and Managers to prioritise and agree work tasks.
• Day to day liaison with Project Engineers to provide design input, operational experience and site expertis
• Day to day liaison with Pipeline Control Centres and local clients.
• Reporting to other management, face-to-face, by telephone and in writing as requested.
• Holding group meetings related to health and safety and planning work activities to lead and positively contribute Health, Safety, Environment and Quality matters.
• Holding training sessions for other staff to gain knowledge and familiarity with equipment being stalled as part of projects.
• Contacting Suppliers and contractors as required in relation to purchase and provision of goods and services.
• Face to face contact with clients and auditors on occasion when required.
• Delivery and suitable supervision of site electrical works across the Sector in accordance with Project Programme and scope
• Delivery of required training for others to achieve familiarity and competency in operating and maintain new plant