|Job Ref:||204769878||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£450 - £500/day||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Our client is looking for an experienced Commercial Manager with NEC experience to join their team.|
You will report directly to the Commercial Director and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
* Supervision and co-ordination of quantity surveying staff
* Working alongside District Commercial Director to deliver P&L
* Managing risk process
* Training and development of commercial resources
* Collation of results for monthly reporting
* Monthly verification of regional numbers
* Management of procurement processes/resources
* Building client relationships
* Advise and assist with sub-contract management including subcontracts, payments, resolution of claims etc.
* Carry out project status reviews and collate project information into regional outputs and forecasts
* Ensure that the project teams in your area prepare, submit and agree interim payment applications in a timely manner to maximise the company's cashflow
* Ensure that final accounts and additional cost claims are produced and administered in a timely manner
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
* Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
* Quantity Surveying background
* Experience in a similar role with management responsibilities
* Holds or studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
* Educated to Degree (preferably in Quantity Surveying)
* Strong commercial background
* Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies.
* A knowledge of water/wastewater industry is desirable
* Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities