|Job Ref:||204773287||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
I am working with a cash rich organistaion near Sheffield who are looking to recruit an Engineering Estimator asap. |
The day to day tasks include:
1. Receive/download and register electronically customer enquiries received via email, post or customer Portals etc.
2. Create and populate an enquiry file specific to the part.
3. List and review enquiry, specifications/standards and send to any applicable subcontractor for quotations i.e. machining, heat treatment, coatings etc.
4. Review the drawing / model and establish if the part can be made to the appropriate specifications.
5. Review the parts and establish the best method of manufacture within Wm Lee across our two vertical and two horizontal moulding plants.
6. Establish number of parts in a moulds allowing for appropriate running systems and part specific characteristics.
7. Establish component weights allowing for machining allowances where required and core weights where required.
8. Establish transport costs.
9. Collate all information/ chase subcontractors for prices and produce the initial quotation in preparation for the Sales team add part and pattern prices.
Candidate Essential & Desirable Attributes:
• An understanding of technical drawings/CAD models is essential.
• An understanding of CAD systems to assist in establishing core weights, part weights, possible tooling layouts is an advantage.
• A back ground in cast products/ foundry methods is an advantage.
• A good understanding of Microsoft Excel would be advantageous.
My client is looking to interview the week commencing the 24th October and is offering an attractive package of £30,000 - £35,000 + 33 days holiday + bonus + pension.
To apply please send your most up to date CV today