|Job Ref:||204773174||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sunderland||Address:||Post Code:||CA13||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:57|
Industry: Manufacturing, Plastics, Automotive|
Job Title: Materials Development Engineer
Job Ref: LK16-3521a
Job Start date: ASAP
Commutable from: Sunderland, Gateshead, Newcastle upon Tyne, Washington, South Shields, Chester-le-Street, Wallsend, Houghton Le Spring
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: Market competitive
Salary benefits: To be discussed at interview
Job Overview: We are now actively looking to recruit a Materials Development Engineer for a successful plastic injection moulding manufacturer.
As Materials Development Engineer you will work with the D&D team and be responsible for the idea generation, coordination and control of cost reduction projects. In addition as Materials Development Engineer you will be responsible for leading the introduction of all materials, primarily in polymers but also textiles, paint, flock and extruded foils, taking them from initial concept through pre-production development and into full production. The ideal candidate will have previous experience within 1st tier automotive and be experienced with automotive OEM test specifications. You must be able to look at ways of seeking cost-savings and other continuous improvements to the processing & mapping of plastic materials.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-established global manufacturer providing both job stability and satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
To provide the major interface initially within the company and externally with both suppliers and customers. This will necessitate liaison with:
• Production department.
• Quality Assurance department.
• Sales & Purchasing department.
• Design & Development
• Customers (Internal and External)
To assist in all trials associated with Cost Reduction and new products introduction which include:
• material test programs
• creation of internal specification sheets
• creation and execution of project timing plans
• To carry out material development with supplier and customer.
• To establish all specifications relating to materials.
• To ensure that all materials
Health and Safety
• To comply with all responsibilities under the company's Health and Safety at Work Policy.
• To ensure all visitors to the department comply with the company's Health and Safety Policy.
• To ensure all equipment and machinery is correctly used and properly maintained.
• To comply with company hygiene standards and recommend enhancements to improve safety and efficiency of the department.
• To make every effort to conserve power and ensure filing and back-up systems are maintained.
• To wear the uniform and safety wear when appropriate, keeping it clean and tidy at all times.
• To communicate accurately and effectively with all employees as appropriate, in particular with the Production department.
• To ensure all required reports are distributed accurately and within correct time period.
• To work to the requirements of the company's Quality Management System and relevant procedures.
• To understand fully and comply with the security procedures on-site including those governing IT.
• To report any unauthorised personnel seen on the premises, in addition to any incident of damage or theft.
Cost Reduction Activities
• To actively participate and contribute in cost reduction activities.
• Code of Conduct
• Abide by contents of Company Handbook and Code of Conduct.
Knowledge / Experience
• Relevant degree in Polymer Science or in Materials/Engineering;
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Plastics Industry;
• Experience of a high volume Manufacturing Environment;
• Excellent written and verbal English;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills;
• Full driver's license.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Team player.
• Tenacity to complete tasks as defined.
• Organisation and time planning.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• To interpret actions within the bigger picture.
• Clear and logic thinking.
• Full appreciation of cause and effect relationship.
• Be able to communicate at all levels.
Key Words: "Materials Development Engineer", "R & D Engineer", Product Development Engineer", "Polymer Engineer", "Polymer Technologist"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
LawsonKeys - 2015/ 2016 Recruitment Sponsor to PRW
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"LawsonKeys Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, LawsonKeys Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
LawsonKeys has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles