|Job Ref:||204772918||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Swansea||Address:||Post Code:||SA1||Salary:||£32568/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
Mechanical / Electrical Team Leader|
Reporting to the area Engineer, the role will assist with the day-to-day Safety, Process Reliability, Equipment Availability, Throughput Improvements and Costs for the nominated area of the plant.
You will also work with the area Business Unit Manager, contributing to the daily / weekly preventive and predictive maintenance regime.
This role will work days and will be paid Craft M Team Leader rate.
Safety - responsible for maintaining an accident free workplace complying to Timet Safe Systems of Work.
Quality - responsible for process control, and Engineering RFT & standards of work.
Throughput - responsible for measurable improvement in equipment availability quarter on quarter to meet or exceed the daily throughput targets on each machine.
Daily work plans - must achieve 100% Major service PM System Compliance each week.
Frequent follow up - must visit every process within their area throughout the day, interacting with operators to ensure issues are being dealt with and adjust plans accordingly. Must be visible and available.
Responsible for ensuring changes in equipment and systems are effectively communicated to operational and engineering teams.
• Will be responsible for increasing the Mean Time between Failure KPI against agreed Quarterly targets.
• Will carry out routine PM and reactive maintenance as directed by the Engineering Planner, area Engineer and Engineering Coordinator.
• Responsible for coordinating availability of equipment in line with the Maintenance plan and indentifying short falls in labour and/or materials required to complete these tasks
• Must conduct daily checks in the designated area with responsibility for updating the TOC Board identifying the Top 3 Engineering Issues with resource status.
• Responsible for generating data driven personal work lists from analysis of the Maintenance History reports. Will review progress monthly and display findings on TOC Boards.
• Will feedback via the notification portal, resultant work form schedules and recommend identified repairs or improvements contributing to achieving 100% completion.
• Responsible for identifying critical and rationalising existing spares which are required to maintain up to date stock levels within the stores system. Will provide SIRs where required and request the removal of obsolete / redundant items.
• Will identify spares and equipment required to ensure planned maintenance activities are organised and completed to plan.
Will develop and update SOPs for Operations and Engineering, implementing a system for • daily process checks and documentation, incorporated into the process control plans and Timets quality systems.
• Responsible for carrying out tool box talks when changes are implemented working with the training department.
• Will ensure Engineering drawings and Technical information is updated and available to continuously improve filing and document control systems.
• Will liaise with Business Unit Managers on planned maintenance days to ensure daily budgets are controlled.
• Will proactively identify faults to equipment, ensuring all small works opportunities are identified and completion confirmed.
• Will issue and clear, General and Control Permit to Works for both Contractors and Timet employees.
• Will support the development of the Engineering Apprentices.
• Will suggest additional control measures when required and review contractors RAMS prior to commencing work if necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring contractors are working within the Safety systems and monitoring and managing any breach in line with and PCC processes.
• Will complete Risk Assessments and develop the R.A. system using FMEA template.
• Must submit a minimum of 1 Incident Reports per week with the emphasis on immediate closure or if not possible follow up to closure.
• Will monitor and maintain area housekeeping standards, arranging improvements where required.
• Responsible for Engineering housekeeping standards.
• Will place stores reservations and purchase requisitions for Engineering material associated with the area.
Knowledge and skills
• Positive CAN DO, WILL DO ATTITUDE.
• Able to react to business priorities with urgency as required.
• Provide the Engineering team with resources to improve.
• No Limits to improvement.
• Must be able to demonstrate a range of leadership skills such as delegation, coaching and support while able to interpret and challenge traditional behaviours and practices.
• Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels are essential.
• Qualified to HNC level in mechanical or electrical related subject preferred/ relevant time served.
• Experience within a maintenance role in a unionised environment would be an advantage.
• Will have excellent knowledge of Continuous improvements methodology & able to be trained to a Green Belt standard in Lean Six sigma.
• Must be PC literature to include use of Microsoft Office, predominantly Excel and PowerPoint