|Job Ref:||204772814||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Clevedon||Address:||Post Code:||BS21||Salary:||£30500/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Development Chemist to join an entrepreneurial company in Clevedon.|
As a Development Chemist your duties will involve:
- Analytical chemistry skills including; instillation of test gases, leak checking of test equipment, analysis of gases using equipment including FTIR, mass spec, electrochemical cells, analysis and write up of data.
- Carry out risk assessments on prototype equipment or lab test rigs and to operate them safely.
- Ability to interact with other members of the technical community at a detailed technical level.
- Ability to transfer detailed technology requirements to an engineering group and ensure that the design intent is reflected in the resulting product designs.
- An ability to describe technical subjects to a range of non-experts (eg. sales, marketing, engineering, management) and have the audience understand the basic concepts and benefits of technologies under development.
An ideal Development Chemist will hold the following skills and experience:
- Analytical chemistry background, preferably in gas chemistry. Understanding of analytical techniques, detection limits, cross sensitivity, etc. Knowledge of gas phase FTIR and mass spectrometry, electrochemical cells would be of benefit.
- Understanding of safe gas plumbing using Swagelok or similar compression fittings, valves, mass flow controllers, sampling pumps, etc.
- Operate within an industrial lab environment, conduct safety reviews prior to experiment build and operate in a safe and considerate manner.
- Mechanical, instrumentation or electrical knowledge would be beneficial.
- Degree or PhD in Chemistry or related field.
- Graduates with a placement year will be considered.
- 1 - 3 years within a gas chemistry or analytical lab post-graduation. Preferred experience in the field of semiconductor process tool development or operation, abatement equipment design or operation. Experience of dealing with equipment end-users at a technical level would be an advantage.
- Working within an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of the combustion / incineration.
- Knowledge of semiconductor or related industry