|Job Ref:||204772732||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ellesmere Port||Address:||Post Code:||CH65||Salary:||£16000 - £18000/annum||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
We are currently looking for a Sales & Purchase Ledger Assistant to work within our Finance department.|
To maximise working capital by ensuring debtors pay on time and creditors are paid appropriately. To ensure that debtors and creditors are accurately reflected on their respective ledgers.
• Review the sales ledger and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Contacting customers to ensure timely payment and chasing overdue invoice.
• Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with customers.
• Processing new customer forms and amending accounts where required.
• Managing the day to day relationship with the factoring company.
• Forecasting cash receipts for the weekly cash flow projection.
• Post purchase invoices on the system and resolve queries.
• Circulate invoices for authorisation.
• Review the purchase ledger and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Ensure invoices are received for all pro forma payments.
• Check supplier statements to the balances on Sage and resolve any discrepancies.
• Prepare 'Suggested Payments' for weekly BACs runs.
• Ensure purchase invoices are filed appropriately.
• Adhoc tasks as and when
• Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
• Assist in the implementation of the TTL Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures.
• Minimum 5 (A to C) GCSE standard or equivalent including Maths and English
It would be ideal if you are seeking a professional accountancy qualification (e.g. AAT).
Key skills required:
• Competency in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Advanced excel skills (e.g. Vlook-up, Pivot tables)
• Problem solving and decision making abilities.
• Highly organised with a methodical approach to tasks.
• Experience of Sage 200
The ideal candidate will be:
• Approachable individual with a professional manner.
• An effective time manager with the ability to multi task and work to deadlines.
• Confident, honest & reliable.
• Team player with an ability to work on their own initiative.
• Hard working and efficient.
• Positive attitude and desire to learn / develop
• Good communication skills at all levels and able to build strong relationships, especially via phone and email.
• Experience of working in a finance department.
• Experience of purchase ledger and/or sales ledger, including the liaison with suppliers / customers by phone and email
If you are looking for a new opportunity then please get in touch