|Job Ref:||204772578||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Altrincham||Address:||Post Code:||WA14||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
Mott MacDonald's Altrincham Office is situated just to the south of Central Manchester with good tram, rail and road links making commuting from anywhere within the North West relatively straight forward. The office is within a short walk of the recently refurbished local Stamford Quarter shopping centre and Altrincham's local market.|
Over the years we've diversified into new markets and reinforced our presence in established ones. We have technical expertise across 12 core sectors supported by skills encompassing infrastructure finance, project and programme management and management consultancy. These business areas cover buildings, cost management, health and education, to power, transport, oil, gas, water and environment. It is this breadth of skills, services and global reach makes us one of the world's top players in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Mott MacDonald requires a Chartered Structural Engineer to manage and lead the delivery of building and civil structures services to time and budget.
- You will provide structural technical support to our team of structural engineers and manage the technical accuracy of the project delivery.
- You will front meetings, interface with fellow professional disciplines, co-ordinate and programme design and deliverables to meet deadlines, and monitor spend against budgets
- You will also provide support in business development and the preparation of fee proposals.
This represents a very real opportunity to work with a leading consultancy, achieve your ambitions and develop your career alongside the best in the industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced structural engineer to lead and guide a design team in the delivery of projects.
The candidate will :
- be chartered with good management and design experience in capital building projects
- have a working knowledge of Eurocodes and structural design software such as Fastrack, STAAD, TEDDS and Revit is required.
- they will have excellent communication skills, be client facing and used to interfacing and co-ordinating with other fellow professionals such as architects, quantity surveys, building services engineers, etc
- They will also have the ability to coach and mentor junior engineering staff. Ideally.
- The candidate will be based in Altrincham or surrounding areas
- The candidate may need to travel to our other Northwest offices, as our teams work in close collaboration to provide our services in the Northwest. A car and valid full UK driving license is essential