|Job Ref:||204772460||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lisburn||Address:||Post Code:||BT28||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer|
Copius Group are currently recruiting for a Junior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team of a market leader in Power Technology Solutions. The role is based at their European Head Quarters in Lisburn.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled and dedicated team who are engaged in the design and development of innovative products, rapid prototyping and continuous problem solving.
* Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs
* Creating and maintaining bills of materials
* Insuring that products will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
* Identifying and implementing design modifications following prototype test results.
* Evaluating mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
* Ensuring mechanical design compliance to customer and quality requirements.
* Selecting mechanical components in line with technical requirements
* Liaising and providing support to other engineering functions and lab testing including; stress and thermal analysis activities.
* Take part in design reviews, creating specifications and test plans.
* Keeping the Project Manager informed / apprised of work activity/scheduling and work progress.
* A minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering, or related discipline
* A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a design environment using Solid Edge or similar CAD packages, including creating 2D technical drawings.
* A deep understanding of key engineering principles of material selection, mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, assembly techniques and manufacturing processes.
* Experience designing mechanical mechanisms, systems and structures.
* Strong technical and problem solving skills and ability to design cost effective solutions from specifications against agreed budget and timescale requirements.
* Experience in Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing approaches.
* Have a good appreciation of related engineering disciplines like electronics and control systems