|Job Ref:||204772322||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£20000 - £26000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
My client is a leading supplier to the automotive industry and have an exciting opportunity for Team leaders / Production Supervisors to join the machine shop and production departments, at their purpose build factory on the outskirts of Sheffield, South Yorkshire. |
The company are looking for people with experience in managing teams in a skilled / semi-skilled engineering environment, who have a desire to work in a creative and dynamic company.
Working on a rotating 3 shift system, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the production plan is achieved by scheduling and assigning personnel, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting results on the process flow
* Maintaining quality control of produced items and be responsible for accurate recording of material movements and stock control.
* Ensuring the shop floor operates effectively and to provide a safe environment for all employees.
* Managing and motivating the team to ensure a high quality service.
* Provide technical assistance to Production Planning and Engineering where problems occur.
* Ensuring that all personnel perform their duties in a timely and efficient manner,
* Conducting staff appraisals, providing training, coaching and discipline where required
* Ensuring quality and health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Strong man management skills with supervisory experienced in a high volume production environment
* Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and 5S activities.
* Experience of working in a target driven, structured organisation
* Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills
* Flexible to work overtime / weekends to meet the needs of the business.
Successful candidates will be trained following a structured, 5 module training schedule, over a 12-month period, to integrate them into the workings, policies and procedure organisation. On successful completion, you will become leader of your own team and have the responsibility of organising your workload and being proactive to the needs of the company