|Job Ref:||204771833||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum plus extensive benefits||Post Date:||12/10/2016 03:58|
Due to the continued growth and success of our client, an international Engineering and Project Management Consultancy, we are looking for an Associate for the Transport Planning Team. |
The Associate Transport Planner will be active and have a good current knowledge of the market, within London.
The role will include assistance with the production of technical studies within the Transport Planning function and demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
The Associate Transport Planner will be expected to be technically competent in analysing all types of transport projects and be able to manage a number of projects and project teams.
They can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects e.g. Housing and Retail Developments, Port Development, Spatial Planning, Infrastructure & Buildings, Environmental Statements and Energy etc.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing existing Clients and Client accounts.
• Developing existing Client Accounts.
• Assistance in developing new Clients and Client Accounts.
• Management of technical studies.
• Management of Transport Assessments.
• Management of Travel Plans.
• Managing other transport projects as these arise.
• Developing innovative transport solutions.
• Inspiring other staff to develop innovative transport solutions.
• Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK. Staff will be encouraged to develop their own ideas.
• Providing project management and technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
o Develop the project management skills of other staff;
o Develop the technical skills of other staff and
o Ensure consistency in project management and technical quality from
• Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
• Financial management of projects within the financial management processes.
• Expert in using junction modelling programs, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT, the TRICS database
• The day-to-day management of other disciplines whilst working on projects
• Identify and develop business opportunities
• Preparation of fee proposals
• Preparation of PQQs
Experience & Qualifications:
• BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc in relevant subject
• Extensive experience in the Transport Planning industry
• Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
• Knowledge and experience in London Market Area
• Proven technical track record and ability; ie Responsibilities in here under bullet
• Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
• Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
• Commercially aware
• Strong analytical skills
• Good communicator (written and verbal)
• Good negotiation skills
• Excellent Client management skills
• Experience of development projects in London, including discussion with the London Boroughs and Transport for London.
• MCIHT / CMIT / MICE / MTPS
In order to discuss this role and other roles please call Samantha at Alcea Recruitment